Mendeley has a plug-in for both Chrome & Firefox known as the Mendeley Web Importer that makes it quick & easy to capture PDFs and citation information as you're navigating databases and journals. Check out the Mendeley Quick Tips below for working with Mendeley.
To create a new folder, select the Folder icon at the top of the screen.
To add documents in your library into a folder, drop and drag into the folder.
From EBSCO databases
On the right side under Tools, select Export and then select Direct Export in RIS
From Web of Science
From the Library Catalogue
Mendeley Web Importer is available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE 10 browsers. This allows you to import papers, webpages, and documents directly into your reference library. This plugin syncs with your Mendeley account and allows you to save article information across multiple computers.
There are a couple of ways to get PDFs into Mendeley.
If you're using the Mendeley Web Importer, you can save the PDF and citation to your library by clicking on the importer icon in the top right corner of your browser.
For previously downloaded articles, you can drag & drop downloaded them into Mendeley.
To annotate PDFs, click on the PDF icon for the article you want to annotate.
To view all documents in your library in the citation style of your choosing, click on View and then the citation you need from the Citation Style drop-down menu. Next, select View again and click on Library as Citations.
When you're ready to create a reference list, select the articles you need in your library and drop & drag into Word. If you've already selected Library as Citations, your documents will appear formatted in your preferred citation style after you've dragged them into Word.
1. To export Mendeley citations into a .RIS file, first select the citations that you want to be exported.
2. Next, click on File and select Export.
3. Next, make sure that the Save as Type is in a .RIS file format. Once that has been done, click on save and your citations will be exported.
4. To import .RIS file into EndNote, first click on File followed by Import --> File.
5. Make sure that the Import Option is Reference Manager (.RIS). Choose the .RIS file that you want to import and the citations will be imported into EndNote.