Read & Take notes
Read and keep notes on each source.
- How are you going to keep your notes organized? (Come up with a plan now to keep yourself organized and sane through the long process.)
- Excel Spreadsheet
- Word Doc
- Google Doc
- On the PDF of the article itself
- Try using a Literature Review Synthesis Matrix template (see left)
- Where are you going to save your articles?
- Within your Citation Management software?
- JumpDrive (thumb drive)
- Come up with a file saving strategy that makes sense to you (Author Last Name, Keywords, date etc.)
- Are you going to utilize Citation Software / Manager? (See the Reference Management tab.)
- Some citation software can also store the PDF of your article