Everyone, everywhere, everything benefits!
- Your research is easier to access.
- It's read more.
- It's cited more.
- Can access more information.
- Timely access to the newest research.
- Better access to information, more informed research, better research.
- Can access research to master their field no matter what university or institute they attend.
- Can provide access to articles and journals without being hamstrung by journal pricing.
- Better access to information.
- More informed doctors, teachers, journalists, etc.
- Better informed individuals.
Free online availability substantially increases a paper's impact
Comparing the Impact of Open Access (OA) vs. Non-OA Articles in the Same Journals
OA Stories from MIT Libraries