The decision on which journal to submit your manuscript to for publication is multi-faceted. Some criteria you might want to consider include:
- What journals do you and your colleagues review on a regular basis?
- Which professional organizations do you belong to? Do they publish journals?
- What's the scope and aim of the journal?
- Is the journal searchable in the major databases, such as PubMed or CINAHL?
- What's the prestige of the journal in your field and in health literature in general?
- Quantifiable measurements are called Impact Factors (IF).
Below you'll find links to resources that might help you with your decision. But also, don't be afraid to ask for advice! Talk to your colleagues, advisors/mentors, librarian, etc.