Follow these instructions when exporting citations from PubMed into RefWorks.
- Select the record(s) that you want to save in RefWorks.
- Click the link labeled "Send to" and select "Citation Manager".
- Click "Create File." PubMed will create a .nbib file for your selected citations.
- IE & Firefox users: Your browser might ask if you want to "Open" or "Save" this file. Select "Save".
- Now go to undmedlibrary.org.
- Click on the RefWorks link, located in the box labeled "Selected Resources."
- If you have an account, sign in. If you don't have an account, you will need to register for one.
- Once in RefWorks, hover your cursor over the References tab, on the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on "Import."
- A new window will open up. Select the pull-down menu labeled "Import Filter/Data Source."
- Select "NLM PubMed."
- The "Database" pull-down menu should automatically change. If it doesn't, select "PubMed."
- Now click on the Browse button to select your file of saved citations. If you can't find the file, try looking in your downloads folder.
- Once you've finished, click the "Import" button at the bottom of the window.
At this point, you have imported your PubMed citations into the default "Last Imported Folder." Click the "View Last Imported Folder" button at the bottom of the window to view and edit your citations.
Feel free to contact a reference librarian if you would like help using RefWorks. See the Get More Help box located on the right of this page for contact information.